- All of our services are operating, and we remain open 8am – 8pm, 7 days.
- We encourage all staff, clients, and patients to follow best practices to reduce the risk of infection, including washing your hands regularly, wearing a face mask if able, and using hand-sanitiser on entering and on leaving the clinic.
- If you are unwell (Fever, Cough, Sore Throat, Shortness Of Breath), please call and re-schedule your appointment to a later date on (02) 9878 5021, and take steps to get tested for Covid-19.
- We also kindly request that you call and reschedule your appointment if you have been interstate or in a Covid-19 ‘hot spot’ in the past 14 days, are awaiting a test result, or have come into contact with someone (home, work, or otherwise) who is positive.
At Ryde Natural Health Clinic, for a number of months now we have introduced and are following a range of proactive steps and precautionary measures in order to maintain a safe and healthy environment in the clinic for both staff and clients throughout the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. These practices are based on the advice of the WHO and NSW government health.
At this time, none of our staff or clients have tested positive for COVID-19. As such, all of our practitioners and therapists are continuing to provide face to face consultations and following precautionary measures in line with the WHO and NSW Department of Health.
As you may have noticed when visiting the clinic, we pride ourselves in maintaining an exceptional level of hygiene and ensuring a sanitary environment for all of our clients.
Our team has maintained and increased procedures to include:
- Keeping access doors to the clinic and toilets ‘open’ when the weather permits to reduce ‘touch points’;
- ‘Encouraging’ all staff, clients, and patients to wear a face-mask if able. (As this is still voluntary in NSW, we are not insisting staff, clients, or patients wear a mask, but simply ‘encourage’ it);
- Continued use of hospital grade cleaners on all surfaces;
- Continuing to ensure that all treatment tables and rooms are cleaned and sanitised between each client, and at the beginning and end of each day;
- Providing more personal hygiene items such as alcohol based hand-sanitiser, accessible to all throughout the clinic;
- Displaying up to date information on best practices to ensure personal and respiratory hygiene as well as hand-washing guides;
- Ensuring that all concerns from our clients are heard and appropriate action continues to be taken to ensure the safety of our staff and clients.
- Keeping open lines of communication to promote safe practices in our community of clients.
We ask that all of our clients please:
- Consider wearing a face-mask if able;
- Use hand sanitiser upon arrival and when leaving our clinic;
- If feeling unwell or have been in contact with anyone with a known coronavirus diagnosis, we respectfully ask that you alert us and adhere to best practices and advice from the WHO and the NSW Department of Health to please stay at home. No cancellation or rescheduling fee will apply in this scenario;
- If you have been overseas or interstate, please do not attend our clinic until after you have self-isolated for 14 days. If your care needs are urgent and you’re isolated or self-isolating, we can arrange a phone call with your practitioner to provide advice and guidance.
We thank you for reading this message and taking these precautions.
We realise that many of you have had disruptions to your daily work practice and some of you are working from home, and we hope that you and your loved ones continue to stay safe. We are dedicated to continuing your care and ensuring you get the support you need, so we are keeping our doors open. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Given that the situation continues to develop, we will monitor and update our practices as necessary.
Ryde Natural Health Clinic Management.