Acupuncture near Eastwood
What is Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine?
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) utilises Acupuncture and other techniques in order to activate Meridians and Channels in the body as a means of maintaining healthy function of internal organs. Some of the techniques that may be utilised during an acupuncture and TCM consult include:
- Moxibustion – heating acupuncture needles with dried herb sticks to activate and warm the acupuncture point. Also known as “moxa”.
- Cupping – the application of glass cups to create suction on the skin. This is to relieve stagnation of qi and blood, e.g. in sports injury.
- Herbal medicine – Chinese herbs may be given in the form of teas, pills, and capsules to supplement acupuncture treatment.
- Electro stimulation – provides electrical stimulation to acupuncture needles. It can be used for relief of muscle pain
- Acupressure– can be a great hands on way to consolidate the acupuncture treatment. Acupressure will be incorporated into the treatment if necessary or substituted for those afraid of needles.
Prices for Acupuncture
Your initial acupuncture consultation is only $110. Your initial consultation will last up to sixty minutes in duration and will include your first treatment. During this consult, your practitioner will take some time to discuss with you the history of your condition or health concerns, carry out some diagnostic Traditional Chinese Medical tests, devise and plan some goals for treatment and answer any questions you may have.
Ongoing 30 minute consultations are $80.
Extended onging 60 minute consultations are $110.
The provision of Chinese herbs may incur an additional fee.
For those with ‘extras’ cover, the majority of health funds will provide a rebate for acupuncture services. To check if you are eligible for a rebate prior to your appointment, simply let us know the name of your fund at the time of booking and we’ll let you know which practitioners are covered by your fund.
Acupuncture near Eastwood. Why choose us?
- Qualified Professionals: all of our acupuncturists are either PhD qualified, or PhD candidate level practitioners.
- English Speaking: Our acupuncturists are fluent in English.
- Health fund rebates: We can swipe your card on-the-spot for all services!
- Free and easy parking is available at the door.
- We’re available when you are: Appointments can be booked as early as 8am and as late as 8pm 7 days a week.
If you’re looking for acupuncture near Eastwood, it’s worth the drive to North Ryde!